CORNICE COVID-19 STATEMENT
March 19, 2020
To our CORNICE family,
We believe our repair services are the cornerstone of communities, and facilitate continued access to information and education, by way of functioning IT equipment and Infrastructure. In times of crisis, it is even more important than ever for people to know they can count on us. As a result of the State of Emergency declared by Governor Newsom of California due to the COVID-19 Health Threat, our company plans to continue operations as an “Essential Business to Communications and IT Infrastructure”, as set forth by the Federal Government in the “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers DURING COVID-19 RESPONSE” Memorandum. Please note that the governor’s order requires residents to remain at home unless necessary for essential purposes. If you have a repair that is not essential to your IT Infrastructure or Communication needs, we would encourage you to refrain from visiting until the governor’s order has been lifted.
We take the health, safety and well being of our employees, customers, vendors, and community very seriously and with great compassion. We are taking all measures to strictly follow CDC and local health authority guidelines to keep our public access area, and all of our work areas, clean and sanitized. To that end, while we have increased the frequency of hand washing, cleaning and sanitization of our facilities for employee uses, we are temporarily denying access to our employee restroom to all customers in order to best comply with these guidelines and protect the safety and well-being of all parties.
Further, in order to comply with the CDC Guidelines of “Physical Distancing” we are implementing specific changes to our Check-in Process when you arrive to drop off your Apple computer or Apple device for repair, as well as when you pick it up. Please see our updated process below, which we are implementing immediately (as of March 19, 2020):
- We would prefer you make a Reservation before you bring your Mac or iOS Device to us for repair.
- PLEASE don’t make a Reservation if you are unwell or have exhibited any of the symptoms identified by the CDC as potential symptoms of unwellness, we would advise you to stay at home, and have someone who is well (i.e. not exhibiting any of these symptoms) drop off your Mac or iOS Device for repair.
- If you are not able to make it to your Reservation at the designated time, please call us to let us know you are going to be late, we will hold your Reservation for you.
- If you are not able to make it to your Reservation for any reason, please be considerate of others, and cancel your Reservation to allow someone else the chance to bring their Mac or iOS Device in for repair. In the eMail you received from Apple titled “Your Upcoming Reservation”, there is a link you can click to “Manage My Reservations” which allows you to easily cancel your reservation.
2. When we see your Reservation in our Apple Portal, we will eMail you and ask you to click on a link to fill out a form, which contains the necessary information we need to check you in as a new customer. Please click on the link in the eMail to fill out the form and “Submit” it to us. By getting this information from you ahead of time, it will reduce the amount of time of your in-person visit.
4. While you are waiting in your car, we will enter your information into our system, as quickly as possible, to enable faster processing and reduce your time in our lobby.
5. BEFORE you bring your Mac or iOS Device into our Lobby:
- Please remove any external case(s) or shell(s), and also remove the Keyboard Cover (if any). We do not need any cables or power cords or power adapters, unless they are related to the issue you are having (i.e.- if your iMac or MacBook Pro is having power or charging issues, you can bring in the Power Cord or Power Adapter). If you have questions about which items you need to bring in for your repair, please reply to our eMail and ask us ahead of time so we can resolve it.
- We don’t need the box your Mac or iOS Device came in, please only bring in your Mac or iOS Device.
- Please ensure you have backed up your data on your Mac or iOS Device (if possible).
- Please Turn OFF “Find My…” on your Mac or iOS Device.
6. We only allow one customer in our lobby at a time in respect of the 6 foot physical distancing guidelines, and may need additional time for our sanitation measures. We really appreciate your patience in allowing us time to take these extra measures!
7. Once we are ready for you to come in to drop off your Mac or iOS Device, we will call you back. PLEASE only have one member of your family come into our lobby to drop off your Mac or iOS Device. We reserve the right to deny entry to additional persons if it is not necessary for your check-in to receive essential services and we appreciate your understanding in that regard.
8. Due to the temporary closing of the Apple Retail/Sales Stores, we have been receiving a high volume of calls. If you want to check the status of your repair, please don’t call us on the phone for an update, as it will only delay our ability to assist and respond to new, urgent requests and will delay your ability to get the information you seek. Instead, please reply to the Reservation eMail we originally sent you and we will eMail you back with an update as soon as we are able.
- Reservations have priority in our repair queue, and there may be a substantial delay before we can start the diagnosis on your Mac or iOS Device, which is why we prefer you make a Reservation.
- When you arrive in our parking lot, PLEASE call us at the phone number listed for your nearest location to let us know you have arrived.
- In order to collect your contact information we will either:
- Send you OUR eMail with the Link to fill out the Form, in your car.
- Hand you a Form to fill out, in your car.
- Get your information over the phone, while you are in your car.
- Once we have your contact information, we will enter it into our system.
- Once we are ready for you to come in to drop off your Mac or iOS Device, we will call you back. PLEASE understand that the processes described in sections 5 through 8 above will apply.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in these difficult and unprecedented times!
We express our deepest gratitude to the first responders and those on the front lines that are battling this virus, and pray for their health and safety!
We pray you and your loved ones stay healthy!
If you, or any of your loved ones, are unwell, we pray for a quick and full recovery!